The Official WL Studio Theatre blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Quotage



I've always wanted to do this. The movie poster with the quote thing. Partly because it makes sense to do it. If someone gives you a good review, then yeah, why not quote it on the poster (or, in this case, the print advertising). Also, because it's kind of pompously cool to do it.

I actually ran a quote on the second week of advertising of "Illuminati" but it was only a made-up quote from a friend who'd been passing through town and had come out to see the show. It was something like, "Puts the 'naughty' into 'Illuminati'" which was kind of funny and all, but I don't think it sold any tickets, Though I'm not sure there was going to be any way to sell tickets to that one.

Someone later said, in reference to "Illuminati" that "It violated my spirituality." Now thatis a quote worth putting on a paster.

I ran the pictured ad in the advisor this week. I'm not sure how many people are won over by positive quotes used on marketing, but it just looked too cool, and the quote was too damn good not to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home