The Official WL Studio Theatre blog

Monday, February 27, 2006

What, me worry?



I can't possibly be the only who *isn't* worried about the state of "Monkey House." I mean, c'mon, I'm the director. I'm the one who should be the most worried by the fact that the set is only about half done, that we're still trying to track down a good prototype "Euphio" prop, that I don't have a sound person as of yet, or that there are certain costumes that still seem to be MIA.

But I'm not.

Surely I can't be the only one who realizes that these things always sort themselves out at the last minute. Surely most of those involved with this production have enough theatre experience to know that we all dream for more than seven weeks to pull a production together, but can still comfortably work within whatever time constraints we're handed. And surely those without that experience are willing to trust the comfort levels of those around them.

Surely.

I'm not sure where the terror is coming from, exactly, but it hasn't infected my mind yet, and it ain't going to.

There's still more than a week before we open, and we're mere inches away from having a kick-ass show. How could there possibly be anything wrong with that?

And for those interested in the accompanying art, "Poster C" appears at the top of this post. Still technically unfinished, as it's still missing the performance patrons and corporate sponsors, and even though I need to make changes to the ticket location information, I haven't yet. So consider this an official pre-release-release. Or something.

See you in a day or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home