The Official WL Studio Theatre blog

Thursday, May 27, 2004

In exactly 24 hours...

...our set will be reconstructed in Quesnel, people will be arriving at the school and milling around in the lobby (hopefully -- guess I can't do anything to guarantee that) as we all wait expectantly inside the theatre itself, waiting for the doors to swing open, waiting to put the show on one more time.

Waiting for the opportunity to offend the sensibilities of people from an entirely different community. Hooray!

The set ended up packed quicker than I would have anticipated. Every piece of equipment is now tucked not-so-neatly into the back of a U-Haul, as well as in passenger seats donated by kind-hearted folks who were coming to Quesnel anyway.

Tomorrow, we get to put this jigsaw puzzle back together in four hours. No rush.

This is my first time going to festival in any capacity, and to be perfectly honest, the fact that I'm going as a director has me absolutely stoked. Sure, it'd be nice to come home with a few awards. Sure, it'd be nicer to come back with all of them (but I'm not holding my breath). But what I'm really looking forward to is the opportunity to sit down afterward with a theatre professional and *learn*. And do it now, on first production, before I get old and cantankerous and set in my ways. Lord knows I'm cantankerous enough as it is.

Look out, Quesnel. You may not be ready for "Some Things You Need To Know Before The World Ends: A final evening with the Illuminati" -- but we're ready for you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home