The Official WL Studio Theatre blog

Saturday, May 15, 2004

The End of the World As We Know It (Part II)

So, it's Saturday night. Just past 5:30. The last performance of "Some Things You Need To Know Before The World Ends: A finaly evening with the illuminati." And then we'll all go and do some drinking. And then we'll kind of fill our free time for a couple of weeks until we go to Quesnel, and then it's done.

It's been a lot of fun. I've had a few people ask me if I do it again -- directing -- and the answer is a resounding yes. I've actually got a play picked out to pitch for next season, though if I were a betting man, I'd guess my odds of getting another go-ahead weren't spectacular.

It's always disappointing when you've put your heart and soul and into something, and know that everyone else involved has put their heart and soul into it too, and then when you open the doors and say, "Hey, come and look what we did -- it's really cool!" no one shows up.

Audiences have been incredibly responsive. Unfortunately, they've also been fairly sparse.

Feh, enough of this. I'll do a complete post-mortem in the next few days. For those of you who came, thank you. For those of you who enjoyed it, I'm very glad.

On with the show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home