The Official WL Studio Theatre blog

Sunday, May 16, 2004

'Illuminati' is dead! Long live 'Iluminati'!

I take it back -- all the bitterness in my last post. I take back the feeling I had that I must've done something wrong, because no one came out to see it. I want to take it all back, because we finished the run of "Illuminati" last night with an absolutely amazing crowd.

They got it. They liked it. And they *laughed*. LOUD. I couldn't stop smiling as I listened to them and felt for the first time that the whole *had* actually been worth doing. Because we finally had a good, big crowd that liked it. And no on walked out during intermission either!

And then we had a nice little party, and we all said our "thank yous" and we talked a bit about going to Quesnel, but not too much, because last night was about celebrating the end of what was actually a really good run, even if there aren't very many people who know it.

Those who came were a part of something that I think was really spectacular. And those that didn't...well, it's their loss, isn't it?

And you know what? I really am ready to do this again.

Thanks again to everyone who helped put this thing together. I can't tell you how wonderful it made me feel to see everyone's hard work come together two weeks ago, and gel into something fantastic.

Now...let's go to Quesnel and kick some theatre ass!

1 Comments:

  • There is something unique about theatre, something about the experience that's very different from, say, television or film -- the fact that the actors are right there in front of you, and they *can* play off your reactions, they *can* alter their approach depending on the night.

    I think, among many things, one of the draws that this play had for me was that it really played into the uniqueness of live theatre -- when the actors step off stage and walk among the audience, that's an experience that people simple can't get anywhere else.

    I'm still disappointed that more people didn't get the chance to experience it. But I'm glad that, of those that did, the majority seem to have enjoyed it immensely.

    By Blogger Todd, at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home