The Official WL Studio Theatre blog

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Still Waiting

Oh! The Agony!

I've sent a proposal to the executive play committee. And they're passing around the scripts and reading the scripts and exchanging sneaky comments about the scripts and the proposers and trying to put a season together. But the wait time! The prolonged amount of time waiting for a decision to be made about what plays we're doing next year.

The fact is that I've given over to other people the ability to decide how a large amount of my recreation time is going to be spent next year. And I have no control! And that is somewhat difficult to accept, given that I've been the person chairing the meetings previously. When I wasn't proposing a play to direct. And it wouldn't matter so much, if I didn't really, really, really want to do this play. Which is called "Mary's Wedding" btw. So now, I've just got to sit back and let the process happen. Yeah, right...

All I really want to say is:

Pick me

2 Comments:

  • I know how you're feeling.

    Thankfully, I've been able to take my mind off my feelings with miscellaneous other writing projects. And although I know that's only a temporary distraction, it's still better'n nothing.

    By Blogger Todd, at 8:03 PM  

  • "So now, I've just got to sit back and let the process happen. Yeah, right...All I really want to say is:Pick me"

    If you want to get your play chosen it seems that you're going to have to: instigate, invigilate, interrogate, iterate, inveterate, isolate, ideate, iceskate...

    Or you could treat the committee members to milk and cookies---couldn't hurt.

    By Blogger Steven Hall, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home